Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away

Kodachrome is the oldest successfully mass marketed color film in history. When it was introduced 74 years ago they had no idea the impact it would make on photography. Sadly it was discontinued in 2009. You can still buy the film on ebay and in some stores so I suggest snapping it up while u can. Randomly enough, the only lab left in word to process it is in Parson's, Kansas where my boyfriend hales from. We definitely plan on taking advantage of our trip home this holiday season and stop by the labs for a tour and drop of some film for processing!

Check out the Kodachrome Project. Maybe it will inspire you to start your own.
http://www.kodachromeproject.com/pages/contents.html

John Yi, an amazingly talented young man I had the pleasure of working with, took these pictures with his Yaschika 35mm and film my BF gave him.






No comments:

Post a Comment